Wheel arches, wings and liners on a w460

2 replies [Last post]
montreal
montreal's picture

Can w463 wheel arch liners fit a w460? Were the fitted to the front and rear of 463's?

Where can i get some?

I'm also thinking about removing the wheel arches from my 460 for cosmetic reasons. I like them but might remove them.

Any drawbacks other than welding up holes and refinishing? I would fit a bigger wheel and tyre to make it look right. Road G's look great with big wheels and not too low a profile tyre.

Could i fit w463 front wings to a w460 and change the look of the front end with w463 lights etc``?/

D

cox.adrian
cox.adrian's picture
GWOA Groups: Members
Re: Wheel arches, wings and liners on a w460

hi montreal i had a set of wheel arch liners to fit on my 460 i

gave them away as they were not going to fit (BIG GAPS)

will fit but a right bodge UP

mgrays
mgrays's picture
GWOA Groups: Members
Re: Wheel arches, wings and liners on a w460

Yes the 463 liners fit with some trimming. There are a couple of types depending on no flares, std flares and wide flares.

I have a set of non flare liners for sale ..but the new price is so much that no one has come back with an offer! They are about £150 Each new.

I fitted a set of std flare liners and had to trim for the front chassis tube at the front and make up some brackets. When flares are fitted on 463 they cut the top out of the rear wheel arches.. so you do need to do that to fit the rears but that is what the factory do if you look in EPC. Bit of a swallow to do on a fresh repainted car but the flares and liners cover all the work. They are designed to have clearance so mud does not get packed so there is some clearance at the flare/arches interface.

.. and the non flared liners do not require the cut rear arches..