SWB 463 TURBO Diesel on Autotrader

11 replies [Last post]
Deano37
Deano37's picture

Hi Guys

I've been sharking about on here for few years but only just joined.
I saw this on Autotradrer and wondered what you all thought?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201231480455495/sort/defau...

axel
axel's picture
GWOA Groups: Members
Re: SWB 463 TURBO Diesel on Autotrader

post removed

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

Deano

Looking at this its had some work done on it - never seen the 'Carbon' finnish in an older G, also the front Grill and rear lights have been changed to make it look more modern. G Wagen/Caversham have been selling G's for a while and I have brought my G500 from them 5 years ago and never had any problems with after sales issues. Thought if it is a turbo then it would not have been delieverd as new and that may have been put in after, along with all the updated stuff mentioned above.

Dont know where your based, however if you would like me to pop across and take a look, am happy to do so, just PM me the questions you want asking and I will ask away. (I have to pop across at some stage, and could do so this week)

Spider1V
(GWOA Sourthern Area Rep)

Deano37
Deano37's picture

Thanks for the advice.

I have been looking for a while and find it hard to know what a fair price is as they vary so much but I suppose it all comes down to what someone will pay. Its within my budget and looks like what I'm after so that answers the question really. I live in Hampshire so will go and have a look. I sawn one like this done up on Wheeler dealers. I dont think it was the same one was it?

Dean

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

Dean - take a search through some of the older posts, as I think we have some information on the Wheeler Dealer car.

Try this link 

http://www.gwoa.co.uk/forum/wheeler-dealers-car-not-sold

Spider1V

prwales
prwales's picture

I am not sure about the carbon fibre interior; and my guess is that this car is a converted petrol model as the rev counter goes too far up the rev range for a diesel engined model. Ballooner are approachable so investigate thoroughly but my opinion is that this is far too much money for a conversion, of the external upgrades only the 18" Alloys cost real money. You need to approach this with a degree of caution.

peter perfect
peter perfect's picture

Ex members car? Sticker in window, looks tidy, worth a look if your interested I'd  did say, 

peter perfect
peter perfect's picture

Same car?  it's not a diesel then, surely it's not been converted inbetween the tv show selling it and going on auto trader ! 

prwales
prwales's picture
IanA2
IanA2's picture

Although he call's himself G Wagen, I notice less than 10% of his online stock are G's. 

Jdring
Jdring's picture
Location: South of Oxford, UK. 87' 230GE SWB Manual, 89' 230GE SWB Auto, 2012 G350Bluetec LWB
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

Looks great.  Just needs a pic of the engine bay really (and rear cabin).  I prefer more of a graphite colour than this blacker one, but the wheels and trim and the fact its a SWB is good.  Wonder what it drives like.

bushmyster
bushmyster's picture

hi guys,

I'm a new potential G owner on this site too. I Just took this for a spin today and i have to say its in a good state, the turbo has come from an American G or merc, I hope that has helped some of you out!

The vehicle drives well albeit quite a lot of movement in the steering wheel (maybe someone knows a common fault for this? The chap selling seemed to think it was due to the bigger wheels), as for the the performance from the turbo, it hasn't been tuned very high, so it's still a slow beast ( what did you expect lol). The radiator seams to have taken a little damage (stones, bugs, who knows?) but its not leaking, as I'm not a G expert I couldnt tell you if its in good or bad shape though. 

It's bodywork is top notch and the rear panels have been replaced already. All of the electrics work and the mod's really help the car to stand out from the rest. The carbon effect trim is just a wrap, so if you dont like it you can peel it off.

My only problem with the interior is the drivers seat leather is a little damaged however still very good for its age.

so Deano I hope this helps you and me haha.