Manual shop (repair manual) for 1983, GE280

4 replies [Last post]
BigHugo
BigHugo's picture

Hi, I am desperatly looking for the air/fuel adjustment part of the manual shop for my 1983, GE 280.

Can someone help me?

Thank you,

Hugo

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members
Re: Manual shop (repair manual) for 1983, GE280

If, I understand you correctly, you want the air/fuel mixture screw for the Injector body of your vehicle, but you have lost me at the, " the manual shop" bit; I do not follow that part.

Cheers,

BigHugo
BigHugo's picture

Sorry if I wasn't clear...

I want the section of the repair manual where it talks about the air/fuel adjustments.

I have all the parts, but I want to know how to adjust.

Thank's for your help.

Hugo

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

Essentially, you will need a Co2 meter to adjust the fuel air mixture.  The settings are between 0.5% - 1.5%.  Best, aim for a 1% setting.

But from a rebuild situation, in principle the adjusting screw needs to be at half way.  That is going to be difficult to judge, as you are not going to know from threading in the screw, at what point it will start touching the adjusting pivot, therefore, I suggest you carefully and slowly wind the screw until, it bottoms out.

When it has bottomed out, unwind about 6 full turns.  Starting the engine is going to be a trial and error affair from hereon, in.  When the engine has started up, the only way is to set it by the meter, you can not adjust these engine as an experienced carburetor mechanic could do.

Cheers,

BigHugo
BigHugo's picture

It looks good!

Thank you, I'll try that!

regards,

Hugo