fuel leak 463 petrol

6 replies [Last post]
prwales
prwales's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

very fine spray leak from a fuel return pipe, does anyone have a part number for the nearest of the 2 pipes in the pictures or would it be easier to have one made up? 

Login or register to view attached files
Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members
Re: fuel leak 463 petrol

I would strongly advise you to double check the part number by your local dealer against your chassis number!  By my reckoning, the part number should be A463 470 03 64 (to be adopted during assembly).

The part number is the same for LWB and SWB (W463 - chassis).  I think you will need a flaring tool to flare the ends but, the Epc does not indicate any nuts for the ends, therefore it may even come flared and with nuts.  Do check and confirm with the dealer.

Alternatively, get it made up. You will need internal bore sizes, length of pipe you need and the dimensions of the nuts.  Hose repairers should be able to supply and flare the ends for you; I am thinking of "Pirtek", should they be in your area.

prwales
prwales's picture

many thanks, we have a Pirtek nearby

prwales
prwales's picture

correct part number is MA 463470 20 64 and was supplied by my local dealer for the princely sum of £12.96 inc VAT which I think is pretty good indeed. They have a new G350 on display picture attached

phileas
phileas's picture

Hi  PR,

You've definitely done the job properly. Just a tip from a yachty-friend that I have - he introduced me to Rescue Tape which they use to fix all sort of fuel, water/sewage and hydraulic leaks on boats. I've seen him demonstrate the stuff to me and I was massively impressed. I always keep a spool of it in my toolbox from now on.....just in case my fuel lines, or others, go on tour.

Ph

prwales
prwales's picture

yes all done and new MOT secured but thats very useful information to know

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

The tape you mention would do fine as an emergency repair, but would not do for a MOT Inspection.