'88 300GD throttle spring

3 replies [Last post]
mgrays
mgrays's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

Well bought the throttle return spring that should return throttle on a 617.. which EPC show fitted on the bulkhead under the servo/steering in the engine bay. See photo.

Where should it be attached too? .. Did I go weld up a wee hole somewhere on that ledge? It seems too long to just loop straight through a hole in position shown so probably looking at drilling one at 45 degrees off to left of the photo.

TIA.

Login or register to view attached files
Simon666
Simon666's picture
Re: '88 300GD throttle spring

Hi There

The throttle return spring on mine went at the injector end - I ended up using two, simply put the new in next to the old (admittedly because I was using the old one to guide the new one in to place, and then could not get the old one out without dislodging the new one)

I have not seen a sign of one where you are showing yours - and I have had that linkage off a few times to replace the bulkhead seal and to adjust throttle travel to get every last drop of the 88HP out! - that is one of my top tips - make sure you have full throttle opening at the injector as you would be amazed how much is left in the last 5mm of travel.

All of this assumes your is a diesel like mine. Not saying one should not go where you have it, but mines works fine just off the injector end one, and the spring looks identical

ta

Simon

Simon666
Simon666's picture

Hi

Just read the 300GD title. so of course it is a diesel like mine..

Ta

Simon

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

The spring fitting is approximately right.  I think, you should find a drilling in the lipped body panel under that heat shield.

Cheers,