463 Rear Mudflaps

13 replies [Last post]
Mountain Goat 7
Mountain Goat 7's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

One of my rear mudflaps (originals) has broken off and looks like the other one wont last much longer .....

Would like to replace them but not sure whether to go for MB originals (I assume they're available - cost?) or can anyone recommend an aftermarket alternative? Not sure about GWOA ones as I personally don't like the red 'G' logo!

Thanks.

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture
Re: 463 Rear Mudflaps

Have some of these floating around the offcie I am working in. Come in Blue, White or Yellow (as pictured). £10 per pair.

Spider1V

Mountain Goat 7

Hi Spider - thanks for that - the white ones may well suit - the others are a bit garish for my taste! 

Are they fairly robust like the MB originals and do they come with necessary fittings as the old fittings are somewhat corroded?

Cheers,

Huw

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

Hi Huw,

I am not sure about the fittings, you may have to drop a note to Gav.Helme on that one, though I will check with David when I see him, and (no promises here) will see if I can dig up and photo the white ones.

The do look similar but more shiney than the orginal MB ones, not sure if anyone has had them in the past, so will open this up to any members who have had them beforehand to comment

TTFN

Joe

fredecosse
fredecosse's picture

Straight swap over, they are fairly strong made of thick rubber ... Mine coming out of my car and replace by original one .

Mountain Goat 7

Thanks Joe - piccie would be good.

Fred - do you mean that you're removing the GWOA ones and replacing with MB originals? If so, can I please ask why?

Thanks,

Huw

fredecosse
fredecosse's picture

Hi Huw,

I am selling on the 500 very soon, It is getting serviced just now , and want it as original as possible.

The gwoa mud flat a bit too something and like the original better ... took long time to get good second hand one set !!! Only just manage without having to pay an arm and leg .. You can have them once removed if you want.

Mountain Goat 7

Hi Fred,

I'd be happy to take the old ones off you if they're in ok condition.

We're in Escargot Bleu on Friday 24th May and, if it's convenient, could pick up mud flaps then ...?

Selling your G500 sad !

Huw

fredecosse
fredecosse's picture

No problems at all, That is if I got them back yet !!! Car is at Gibsons Autos just now ...

gav.helme
gav.helme's picture

Hi Huw

Attached picture, part numbers and prices for the factory fit Rear Mud Flaps for your G

Cheers

Gav

fredecosse
fredecosse's picture

Gav, Any differences between 460 and 463 ??  Link above show 460??

Mountain Goat 7

Hi Gav,

Thanks very much for the info - helpful as ever!

Genuine parts not as expensive as I anticipated - may well opt for them through my local dealer.

As Fred has asked, can you confirm that mud flaps, stay bars and rails (which carry 460 part numbers) are also ok for 463?

Cheers,

Huw

gav.helme
gav.helme's picture

Hi Huw / Fred

I have used the chassis number for Huw's G500 463 to work out the numbers

Yes most of it is the same as 460's although there are different versions for individual models.

There are 2/3 types of flaps and various bracket and stay combinations, however most of the Wagons run these type listed

Fred the ones for your G500 463 are identical and your Blue 230 460e flap are the same but the brackets slightly different

Gav

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture

? 500... you getting another one or saying good bye to V8's?

Spider1V