463 engine conversion help needed

1 reply [Last post]
syncropete
syncropete's picture

Have just bought a LHD G400cdi 2002 in a very nice dark metalic blue wth black leather. Has all the toys inside as well but no Engine or gearbox. We are living in Gambia right now and I want to carry out a conversion not only for here but when we return home to the uk in a couple of years. Having done a internet crash course on G wagens it would seem that a om606 with 603pump and earlier 722.3 transmission is the way to go. However there is a lot of CAN going on in this car and I dont want to find that hardly anything functions. The om606 was not fitted in 2002 so I presume there are no factory looms that I can fit to work as plug and play. Dont mind spending the money for something good but Cant have CDI due to the fuel quality here and a petrol is just too thirsty. I would really welcome any comments right now as I am very confused by the amount of options. I am a mechanic with experience of engine conversions, I just need to know which parts to use! My other option is to perhaps use the mechanical setup here and recommision the 400cdi engine and box when we return to uk.
Thanks in advance
Pete.

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members
Re: 463 engine conversion help needed

If you have been reading the threads on the forum you may have noticed "axel" is into conversions.  I would suggest reading his thread and perhaps getting in touch by PM if you consider.

Cheers,