460 Front arm rest

11 replies [Last post]
KevinStuttgart
KevinStuttgart's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

Just been adding front arm rests to the G. A small amount of fabrication required but well worth it for the comfort. A good day as I also had time to change the clutch as the thrust bearing had been singing since coming back from Austria.

Login or register to view attached files
Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members
Re: 460 Front arm rest

Very nice but remember these arm rests do not support a lot of weight so no putting your body weight on it or else they droop.

IanA2
IanA2's picture

I think he's going to rest his arm on it, not do a highland jig, the clue is in the name smileydevilsmiley

dave0
dave0's picture

nice report thank you

KevinStuttgart
KevinStuttgart's picture

Hi Rakesh, do you think they will support my arm and a wristwatch?

cox.adrian
cox.adrian's picture

nice job well done kevin

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

Sure Kevin, your arm and wrist watch can be easily supported just refrain from eating any spinach as does Pop-eye or else the arm rest droops.

Joking apart, if you are going to use the arm rest to support your body weight to shift and park your backside, like I tend to do; the arm rest will not support heavy weight, not saying you are heavy but in one like me; it certainly is. Or having small children stepping on the arm rest, as kids do.

Stew-Em
Stew-Em's picture

Kevin - excellent work, how I dream of arm rests, reckon it would transform the drive, or at least give the 300D the armchair feel its power warrants! Just have to keep an eye open for grey cheque rests like yours...

KevinStuttgart
KevinStuttgart's picture

All the parts are available from Mercedes. If you need the part numbers let me know and I will provide them for you. 

montreal
montreal's picture

I'd like part numbers Kevin. My arm rest is all a bit limp. Can i get the pivot mechanism from them or is it a complet flom etc that nees to be recovered/ Where can i get the cloth trim for a 1995 G?

KevinStuttgart
KevinStuttgart's picture

The pivots are available as separate items. I bought the left arm rest complete but had to purchase all items for the right hand side individually. The items are for a 461 or 463 so may not be what you have fitted if your 460 arm rests are original. Do you want part numbers for both pivots? I know Gav has a left hand side one. Fabric can be purchased from West Trading.

Norfolk66
Norfolk66's picture

Kev, great job.

I have recently swapped the  463 fronts and replaced with e class leathers and am recovering an old 280se armrest (half as wide again as the g armrests) as there's not enough width for two armrests! The pics of the pivot brackets were really helpful.

Will post some pics when I eventually get round to trying to fit. Also recovering the 463 rears to match the fronts so will soon have a spare set of 463 fronts and armrests and a cloth rear cover for spares.

Can you remind me of the merc steering wheels I need to look for for the 463 as I need to get a smaller one as the e class seats sit slightly higher. Wood love to find a wooden or part wooden one but need to know what to look for.

Thanks

Norfolk Tim