1985 SWB soft top project anyone??

6 replies [Last post]
Simon666
Simon666's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

Just seen a C reg red SWB soft top on its way to J Davidson Scrap Dealers (I assume so as it was on the back of a truck reg JD) in Altrincham Manchester.
 Looking very sad for itself - flat tyres, rear lenses already taken etc, but was a stock softtop running on steel wheels with no arch extenders - guess someone finally got fed up with it sat in a barn/field.
Reg might have started C866 - but I was on a bike so limited time to catch it and no time to grab a pic. known the seepd J Davidson goes at it willl be a lump of metal in a day or so!!

Ta

Simon

fixwin38
fixwin38's picture
Re: 1985 SWB soft top project anyone??

Hi All
vin number WDB46031227038401 original pickup spec with added rear bench seat and belts .usual rust rearat corners and tailgate... stood in barn 15 tears so hydraulics totally shot as are the tyres built 1984 UK main dealer order.. paint code 9002  Red with black trim tan cloth on seats black rubber floor covering ...........if anybody is interested !!!

Simon666
Simon666's picture

Hi Peter

Take it you have talked to Davidsons's ? I am surprised it has not been loaded into a crusher by now! Mind you there are a few of the older ones knocking about round here (mixed in with the footballers AMG versions) so perhaps they know what they have got their hands on.

It was a sad sight I must say

Simon

hus55
hus55's picture

what are they asking for it fixwin ?

i wonder...

Simon666
Simon666's picture

Hi

One issue might be is I assume this was sent to Davidsons's for 'correct' disposal in accordance with dept of transport rules. Not sure where this leaves them ref selling it. Sure it's possible but I assume affects what you need to do to get it back on the road etc

Ta

Simon

gav.helme
gav.helme's picture

Who's bought this then?

Rang to try today only to hear it is sold (for good money too)

Guy was rather irrate that he had so many phone calls from GWOA members wanting to buy it and was non too happy that it had been posted on here!!!!

Some people dont want to do business it seems!!! Thought we had a recession on?

Anyway, too late this time and i hope it makes somebody a good project

Simon666
Simon666's picture

Hi Gav

Not me Gov as the saying goes.. As you say strange he got irrate, perhaps he had a seller lined up and did not want the original owner getting wind of any interest in the vehical. Or perhaps he was having a bad day!

As you say you would have thought he would welcome the interest, or he did, right up to the point he sold it :-)

Ta

Simon